This recipe for biscotti fiorentini con mandorle e pistacchi brings back fond memories of childhood and has been adapted and reinvented worldwide. The real secret to making it a delight lies in the careful selection and handling of the ingredients.
I’m excited to share my recipe for biscotti fiorentini con mandorle e pistacchi. This classic Italian treat brings back fond memories of my childhood and has been adapted and reinvented in kitchens around the world.
The food category of biscotti often evokes nostalgic emotions, reminding us of cozy memories from childhood.
Biscotti has left a mark on kitchens worldwide, leading to iconic dishes. This recipe has been adapted and reinvented in different cultures around the world.
My mother used to make a variant of this recipe with another ingredient, which holds a special place in my heart.
Although this recipe may seem easy, the real secret to making it a delight lies in the careful selection and handling of the ingredients.
- 250g flour
- 150g sugar
- 100g almonds
- 50g pistachios
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, almonds, and pistachios. Mix well.
- Form the dough into a log and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut the log into slices and place them back on the baking sheet.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
These biscotti are perfect with a cup of coffee or tea, or as a sweet snack any time of day.
For an extra crunch, try adding some chopped hazelnuts to the dough.
I hope you enjoy making and savoring these delicious biscotti as much as I do!