This protein-packed, sugar-free and carb-free biscotti recipe is a guilt-free treat that evokes fond childhood memories. It has become a popular treat all over the world, and this recipe is a healthier adaptation of my mother’s recipe. Although it may seem easy, the key to making it a success lies in the attention to detail and the quality of the ingredients.
I’m excited to share my recipe for protein-packed, sugar-free and carb-free biscotti. This guilt-free treat is perfect for those who want to indulge in a sweet snack without compromising their health goals.
Growing up, biscotti was a staple in my household. The aroma of freshly baked biscotti always brings back fond memories of my childhood.
Biscotti has its roots in Italy, but it has become a popular treat all over the world. In fact, different cultures have adapted and reinvented this classic recipe to suit their taste buds.
My mother used to make biscotti with almonds, but I’ve swapped them out for protein powder to make a healthier version of her recipe.
Although this recipe may seem easy, the key to making it a success lies in the attention to detail and the quality of the ingredients.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, protein powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Form the dough into a log and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the log into 1/2-inch slices.
- Place the slices back on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until crispy.
These biscotti are perfect on their own, but they also pair well with a cup of coffee or tea.
For a crunchier texture, bake the biscotti for an additional 5-7 minutes. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
I hope you enjoy this guilt-free version of a classic treat. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different flavors and ingredients to make it your own!