This recipe for dolci alle pesche fresche is a nostalgic treat that showcases the sweetness of fresh peaches. Discover how this classic Italian dessert has inspired variations around the world and learn tips for making it perfectly.
I’m excited to share my recipe for dolci alle pesche fresche, a dessert that brings back fond childhood memories. This Italian treat is a perfect way to showcase the sweetness of fresh peaches.
Growing up, desserts like dolci alle pesche fresche always made me feel warm and cozy. There’s something about the combination of sweet fruit and creamy filling that’s so comforting.
Dolci alle pesche fresche has inspired many variations around the world, from peach cobbler in the US to peach melba in Australia. It’s interesting to see how different cultures have adapted this classic dessert.
My mother used to make a version of this dessert with ricotta cheese instead of mascarpone. It was always a hit with our family and holds a special place in my heart.
While this recipe may seem simple, attention to detail is key. Choosing the right peaches and handling the ingredients with care will make all the difference in the final product.
- 1 lb fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced peaches with 1/4 cup of sugar and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, remaining sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Stir in the amaretto liqueur.
- Layer the peaches and mascarpone mixture in individual serving dishes.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds before serving.
This dessert pairs well with a cup of coffee or tea, or even a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Be sure to choose ripe, juicy peaches for the best flavor. You can also substitute other stone fruits, like apricots or nectarines, for a twist on the classic recipe.
I hope you enjoy making and eating this delicious dessert as much as I do. It’s a perfect way to celebrate the sweetness of summer peaches.