Learn how to make a delicious and comforting ossobuco in bianco con limone. This dish evokes childhood memories and has been adapted in different cultures. Careful selection and handling of ingredients is key.
In this recipe, I’ll show you how to make a delicious and comforting ossobuco in bianco con limone. This dish is perfect for evoking childhood memories and has been adapted and reinvented in different cultures around the world.
The food category of ossobuco in bianco con limone often awakens tender and cozy memories from childhood.
This dish has left a mark on the kitchens of other countries, leading to iconic dishes. It has been adapted and reinvented in different cultures around the world.
My mother used to make a variant of this dish with another ingredient that holds special meaning for me.
Although this dish may seem easy or difficult at first glance, the real secret to making it a delight lies in the careful selection and handling of the ingredients.
- 4 veal shanks
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the veal shanks with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and brown the veal shanks on both sides.
- Remove the veal shanks from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, sauté the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic until soft.
- Add the white wine and let it reduce by half.
- Add the beef broth and return the veal shanks to the pot.
- Cover and let simmer for 2-3 hours, until the meat is tender.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter and whisk in the flour to make a roux.
- Add the roux to the pot and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Squeeze the lemon over the veal shanks and serve.
Serve with creamy polenta or mashed potatoes.
For a richer flavor, let the ossobuco sit in the sauce overnight before reheating and serving.
This ossobuco in bianco con limone recipe is a perfect way to bring back childhood memories and enjoy a comforting meal with loved ones.