This recipe for biscotti is perfect for those who want to enjoy a sweet treat without compromising their health. It brings back fond memories of childhood and has a rich history in many cultures around the world. The attention to detail is key to making delicious biscotti, and this recipe has been adapted to be diabetic-friendly. It’s a special treat that reminds me of home.
I’m excited to share my recipe for delicious and healthy biscotti for diabetics made with whole wheat flour. This recipe is perfect for those who want to enjoy a sweet treat without compromising their health.
Growing up, I always loved the smell of freshly baked cookies. This recipe for biscotti brings back fond memories of my childhood and the cozy feeling of home.
Biscotti has a rich history and has been adapted in many cultures around the world. From Italy to the United States, this crunchy cookie has become a beloved treat for many.
My mother used to make biscotti with almonds, but I’ve adapted the recipe to make it diabetic-friendly. It’s a special treat that reminds me of home.
Although this recipe may seem easy, the key to making delicious biscotti lies in the attention to detail. Each ingredient must be carefully selected and handled to achieve the perfect texture and flavor.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the whole wheat flour, almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Form the dough into a log and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the log into 1/2-inch slices.
- Place the slices back on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until crispy.
These biscotti are perfect with a cup of coffee or tea. They also make a great gift for friends and family.
For a sweeter taste, you can add a few drops of stevia to the dough. You can also experiment with different flavors by adding cinnamon, cocoa powder, or orange zest.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. It’s a guilt-free treat that’s perfect for any occasion.